A Rising Hope – The People Have Spoken The human rights situation in Iran
- Where: Samfundet, Klubben, Trondheim, Norway
- When: Wednesday 13.10.2010, 19:00 – 21:00
Why is one of the most educated countries in the Middle East constantly troubled by Human Rights abuses and suffering? Can they change this? Can we change this? Amnesty International Student Network in Trondheim welcomes you to a theme meeting about the past, presence and future of Iran and democracy development. Speakers:
- Ulrika Mårtensson (PhD) – Assistant Professor in religious studies at NTNU. Spesializing in Islam.
- Nima Darabi (PhD student, NTNU) – Student activist and blogger from Iran.
- Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam (PhD) – is an Iranian human rights activist, University of Oslo, Norway. He was awarded the Norwegian Amnesty International’s Human Rights Prize in 2007.